I am so honored! I have recently been nominated for a Liebster Award by the beautiful blog, In My Roots. The Liebster Award is a fantastic way to recognize blogs you enjoy reading with fewer than 200 followers.
When nominated, the following rules apply to the nominees:
- Post 11 things about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions posed by your nominator.
- Choose 11 blogs and link them in your post. Don’t forget to let them know they’ve been nominated.
- Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
- No tag backs! We wouldn’t want people to get double nominations. Too much work for them anyways.
11 Interesting Things About Me
- I haven’t watched television in over a year and I do not miss it.
- I love bicycling.
- I once wanted to be a Primatologist… And then a Psychologist.
- When I was 11, I started a “save the earth club” that I named “The Pangea Alliance.”
- I have a soft spot for The Phantom of the Opera.
- I once held the position of Stroke on a Crew team.
- I am relieved to no longer live in NYC and I deeply appreciate hearing the Atlantic ocean at night, but I secretly miss the mountains, evergreens, pines and cedars of the Pacific Northwest.
- I really want to write a book… Or two!
- I grew up watching and loving The NeverEnding Story, Labyrinth and The Princess Bride.
- My favorite book is The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett.
- I’d like to learn how to crochet.
11 Answers for the Cool Nominator, In My Roots.
- Diet or regular? I grew up on Diet, but when I drink it now (which is rare) I prefer regular.
- What’s one thing you want everyone to know about you? I am just really honored people are enjoying my blog!
- If you could write a best selling novel, what would it be about? Not sure, but it would be a mix of Urban Fantasy and Historical Fiction
- Where do you want to visit on your next vacation? Machu Picchu in Peru
- Why did you decide to start a blog? To have a space for myself to share my art
- What is your dream job? I already have it: motherhood and art
- If you could change one thing about the world…what would it be? Just one?
- Yourself in one word: Optimistic
- Your favorite color? Aubergine
- How do you see your life ten years from now? Raising my family and creating my art
- The last thing you do before bed? Cuddle and kiss my infant daughter
11-12 Blogs I Nominate
The following are some great blogs I’ve been reading in no particular order (it’s been really hard narrowing it down to 11 nominees!):
- It Doesn’t Have to Rhyme
- Finding My Creature
- Teri Malo’s Studio Blog
- The Curious People
- Luggnagg’s Land
- Gather Events and Occasions
- The Artful Dodge
- Going Down Swinging
- M Design Boutique and MDB Weddings & Events
- Julie Green
If for some reason I nominated any blog that has more than 200 followers, it’s because I couldn’t figure out how many followers you have on your website. (BTW, there’s no obligation to participate. I just wanted to let everyone know I think your blog is worth reading.)
11 Questions for the Nominees
- What’s your favorite book?
- Is there an animal you feel akin to?
- If you could go anywhere tomorrow, where would it be?
- What item, person or animal could you not live without?
- Earth? Air? Fire? Water?
- Do you prefer daytime or nighttime?
- In one word how do your friends or family see you?
- Is the glass half full or half empty?
- During what century would you wish to live?
- What’s your favorite scent?
- Vampire or Werewolf? (Not Twilight related!)
I really hope you all take some time to read and enjoy these blogs!
Thank you again, Abbie from In My Roots.
~ Elizabeth Lorayne